As you’re getting ready for your New Year’s Eve night out, you might be thinking of what you’re going to drink.
After all, it’s a night to celebrate and ring in the new year, so you might as well go out with all of your friends. Cocktails are some of the best drinks for nights like these, as they pack a punch, are perfect for those with a sweet tooth, are easy to drink and look great in photos.
If you’re thinking of venturing into the world of cocktails, we’ve got some great recipes for you to try to make this New Year’s Eve extra special. In this guide, you’ll find three cocktail recipes that you should try this festive season!
If you’re looking for a drink that doesn’t stray too far into the world of ultra-sweet alcoholic treats, then a West 75th is for you. A West 75th consists of a whiskey sour topped with a blanket of red wine, making it the ideal cocktail for any red wine enthusiast out there. For this drink, you’ll need:
- 1 ounce of brandy
- ½ ounce of lemon juice
- ¼ ounce of raspberry syrup
- ¼ teaspoon of orange bitters
- 3 ounces of red wine
How to make:
- Into a cocktail shaker, place your lemon juice, brandy, raspberry syrup and orange bitters together with some ice and shake.
- Strain this into a champagne flute.
- Slowly pour the red wine on top to create a layer.
- Garnish with some lemon.
We’ve all indulged in a mimosa at brunch here and there, so why not try a raspberry mimosa this new year’s eve for a fruity drink packed with a punch? This instagrammable drink is ideal for anyone who doesn’t usually enjoy the taste of alcohol but wants to experience some sweet and elegant drinks nonetheless!
If you’re wanting to escape to the beach this festive season but can’t quite pull it off, this is the perfect drink for transporting you back to your last summer vacation where you soaked up the sun and let your worries drift away! For this fruity drink, you’ll need:
- ¼ cup of granulated sugar
- ¼ cup of water
- 1 pack of raspberries
- ¼ cup of orange juice
- 1 bottle of champagne or prosecco
How to make:
- Make your raspberry syrup by placing your raspberries into a saucepan and adding half a cup of sugar and half a cup of water.
- Simmer this until the raspberries have broken down.
- Strain this and set it aside to cool.
- Pour half an ounce of orange juice into a champagne flute.
- Stir in a few tablespoons of your syrup.
- Top with prosecco or champagne.
Spiced Apple Snaps Fizz
If you’re not quite ready to let go of the festive season, consider making yourself a refreshing and spicy spiced apple snaps fizz that provides just the right level of sweetness and spice for a truly Christmas-esque feel.
With notes of carraway, aniseed, and fennel, this classy cocktail contains complex flavours that are the perfect pick-me-up for your New Year’s Eve party. Here’s what you’ll need to make this spicy yet fruity cocktail:
- ⅘ cup of sparkling wine
- 4 tablespoons of cloudy apple juice
- A pinch of cinnamon
- Squeeze the juice from half a lemon
- ⅕ cup of gin
- 1 apple
How to make:
- Pour your gin, lemon juice, apple juice, cinnamon and ice cubes into your cocktail shaker and shake this for at least 30 seconds.
- Strain into your champagne flutes, and top this with sparkling wine. Garnish with cinnamon and spiced apple.
Don’t Delay! Order From WineOnline Today!
If you’re looking for the perfect wines for your New Year’s Eve parties this year, look no further than WineOnline. WineOnline supplies an extensive range of high-quality wines that suit all tastes, so you can find the perfect bottle for all your guests this year. We offer free delivery to all customers for orders over 12 bottles.
Proudly catering to all customers in Toronto and Ontario, supplying great quality wines at affordable prices! Order from us today and let us help you take your New Year’s Eve party to the next level!